Can I change my affiliation?

Modified on Thu, 18 Apr 2024 at 10:56 AM



After submission of a manuscript in Peer Review, authors will receive a contributor form that must be completed and returned. This form serves to confirm the authorship of the article. Upon submission of this form, authors are welcome to request a change in the affiliation of any author. 

Can I change my affiliation? 

  • After acceptance of the article, authors are kindly invited to communicate any changes to their affiliation to the journal's editor. Please contact the Editor of the journal. This contact information can be found in the Manuscript Submission Guidelines. To find this, visit the Sage Journals platform, search for the journal title, and go to the submission guidelines tab. The journal's Editor email address can be found in the last section of these guidelines. 
  • If an author has received an email from the Sage Open Access Portal and wishes to change their affiliation, they may contact the Open Access Customer Services team at to request these changes. The team will be able to assist with updating the author's affiliation information. 
  • It is important to note that if the APC invoice has been paid, Sage is unable to modify any details recorded on the paid invoice. Therefore, it is highly recommended that any necessary changes be made prior to submitting payment.
  • If an author requests a change in their affiliation because they believe they may be eligible for a deal, please contact the Open Access Customer Services team at

Contact Information

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article